An excellent source of vitamins and minerals, this vegetable when made correctly can taste absolutely delicious. Green beans can be made in so many ways and every recipe has its own charm.
In my household we consume green beans in various forms starting from pickles, to curries and by itself. The star of this recipe is green beans.
- 1/2 Kg Fresh Green Beans, chopped
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3-4 Curry Leaves
- 2 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut, grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Wash and trim the edges of green beans and cut them to small size.
- In a pan add oil, once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, garlic and curry leaves.
- Once the seeds start to crackle add green beans to then and cover and cook for about 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well and cover and cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cover and cook further till beans are cooked. Now here it’s about individual choice. I like a little crunch in my beans so I cooked it for 8-10 minutes, but, if you want your beans to be soft then cook further till you get the right texture.
- Add coconut and lemon juice to the beans and mix it well. Cover the pan and switch the gas off.
- Keep the beans covered for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- I add onions later as I don’t want my onions to go mushy and brown, I like a little crunch in them, but if you like soft onions then add them with the seeds.
- You can use fresh or desiccated coconut.
Some More Recipes:
Cooking is my Passion