Roasted Bok Choy
Bok Choy even known as Soup Spoon (because of the shape), Asian Green and has many other names is a very healthy vegetable. This vegetable can be used in various ways and can be added in different dishes. It’s one of the staple vegetable in our house and everyone loves it.
This method of cooking helps retain the crunchiness and freshness of the vegetable and can be made under 15 minutes including preparation time.
Roasted Bok Choy
- 2 Fresh Bok Choy
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Crushed Black Pepper, as desired
- 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce (Light preferred)
- 1 Tbsp Sugar (I used brown)
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Big Pinch, White Sesame Seeds
- Pre Heat Oven on 180 Degree Celsius.
- Prepare a tray with foil paper/baking paper.
- Trim the base and wash the bok choy, dry them using a toweling paper or tea towel.
- Spread the bok choy on the baking tray and pour olive oil and black pepper on it.
- Cover the tray with foil paper and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl pour rest of the ingredients- sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and sugar and stir well till sugar dissolves.
- Once the bok choy is roasted remove it in the serving tray and pour the dressing over it evenly.
- Serve immediately.
- The same recipe can be used just instead of roasting the bok choy, you can cook them on stove, make sure not to overcook.
- It’s best paired with steamed rice or served as side dish.
Food Kalaakar - It's All About Food View All
Cooking is my Passion
It’s amazing.. Anjali as usual delicious receipe described in systematic and simple way. Keep it up 👍👍👌👍😊
Thank you so much 🙏🙏
Thank you 🙏
Healthy and excellent. You’ve given the recipe very well. Must try😊😊
Thank you and hope you like it 😊😊