An Instant Indian dessert which tastes delicious. Instant Rabdi/Rabri is easy to make and comes handy when craving for dessert.
Watch the video link for the recipe:
- 2 Slices White Bread, corners removed
- 2 Cups Milk (500 ml)
- 3 tbsp Milk Powder
- 2 tbsp White Sugar
- 3 Cardamom, Crushed
- Big Pinch Saffron
- Almond / Pistachio/ Raisin accordingly
- 3 tbsp Mango pulp (For mango version)
- Cut the corners of the white bread, break them in small pieces, and grind them to make a smooth and even mixture like bread crumbs. We would use 3 tablespoon of this crumb.
- In a pan add milk on medium flame and let it boil. Stir in between if needed.
- Once the milk has come to a boil let the milk simmer till it reduces a lit bit. Make sure to scrape the sides and add the cream/malai back in the milk.
- Add the milk powder and stir well so no lumps form, then add the bread crumbs and mix it well.
- Then add the sugar and mix and boil till the sugar dissolves completely.
- By now the milk should have reduced a bit, this would take around 15 minutes or so.
- Crush the cardamoms and for this recipe we would be using only the crushed seeds, so remove the skins and leave aside.
- Add saffron and stir well, then add the dry fruits and simmer milk further 2-3 minute, make sure to scrape the corners.
- Remove the rabdi/rabri in a bowl and cover and refrigerate it for an hour or over so the rabdi/rabri thickens.
- For Mango rabdi/rabri add mango pulp to the chilled rabdi/rabri and mix well.
- You can even add some mango pieces for texture.
- Rabri/Rabdi is best paired with Jalebi or Gulab Jamun and always served cold.
Some other Recipes:
Cooking is my Passion