Not so fancy, just an everyday meal idea to make chicken curry with all the basic ingredients from your kitchen and yet utterly delicious..
This is one of my versions of chicken curry hope you like it 🙂
Ingredients for Marination:
- 10-12 drumsticks (Can use thighs)
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp dried mint (optional)
- 1 tbsp Kitchen king Masala
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Gravy:
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchinni)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej patta)
- 2 Onions grinded
- 1 tin Tomatoes / 2 tomatoes grinded
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1 tsp Cumin powder (Homemade)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 green Chilli roughly chopped
- 1 tsp red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 Egg beaten lightly
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander
- Marinate the chicken and leave it for at least one hour, the more the better.
- In a pan add oil, put the cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf and let the seeds crackle. Then add the onions, ginger, garlic and salt and sauté till onions are brown. This might take around 15 minutes.
- Once the onions are brown add the tomatoes and rest of the spices along with green chillies mix well and cover and cook further for 10 minutes or till tomatoes start releasing their oil.
- Once the tomatoes have released their oil and have reduced add the marinated chicken and mix the chicken well to coat all the mixture. Then cover and cook for 10 minutes, mixing in between.
- Then add little water according to the consistency you looking for; mix it all well and add the beaten egg to it.. Mix and cover and cook further for 10 minutes..
- Now do the taste test and adjust the spices, if you like more gravy add water and if you want it to be more thick then add one more egg.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with Roti, Tandoori Roti, Naan or Rice!!
Cooking is my Passion