Jai Mata Di – Being first day of Navratri I wanted to make something special for prasad and thought what would be better than Malai Ladoo, they are soft and taste delicious. They just melt in your mouth which makes it’s very hard to keep your hands off them..
And the fact that they are easy to make and can be made just under 30 minutes inspired me more to make them..
I have used homemade paneer, you can use store bought ones too. Just make sure they should be at room temperature before you cook them and mash them properly.
When cooking on gas keep the flame on low as it’s easy for it to burn. Make sure you keep stirring it they would be ready in 7 to 8 minutes. The mixture would come together leaving the side.
Let the mixture cool down and then make them in ball shapes or oval or flat as you wish. Feels free to garnish them with the nuts of your choice you can even use Almond flakes.
Mix kesar in hot milk and pour them over the ladoos. You can refrigerate the ladoos, but make sure you remove them out atleast 30 minutes before serving as they need to be at room temperature..
Do try these super easy, quick and delicious ladoos.
Thanks for stopping by.. Happy Cooking 🙂
- 1 cup Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- ½ cup Condensed milk
- 2 tsp Elaichi powder (Cardamom powder)
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Pinch of Kesar (Saffron)
- Pistachio or garnish
- Mash the paneer as much as you can, using a wooden spoon or hands.
- Add condensed milk to it and mix well till it blends.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and put the paneer mixture in it. On low flame keep stirring the mixture.
- Make sure it does not stick or burn. Try breaking all lumps and mixing it.
- Cook it till the mixture starts leaving the sides and comes together.
- Remove from flame and add Elaichi powder mix and leave it to cool down
- Meanwhile heat some milk and add kesar to it and mix well.
- Once the mixture has cooled down form small balls.
- Then cut pistachio in thin flakes and push them lightly on the top.
- Using a teaspoon put few drops of milk on each ladoo and just for the presentation sake I have let one kesar strand sit on each ladoo. Feel free to make as you wish.
- And your yummy malai ladoo is ready!!
- If you think you are unable to give ladoos proper shape as they are little runny, keep the mixture in the refrigerator for half and hour and then try giving them shape.
- Always make sure ladoos are at room temperature before you serve.
Cooking is my Passion