A Bowl Full of Goodness ( Mixed Lentils with No Garlic No Onions)
A bowl full of soup is always comfort food.. And if that soup is healthy and filling and easy to make it’s a bonus..
This lentil soup is full of goodness of vegetables and proteins and packed with flavors.
Do try this Everyday Meal Idea – Simple & Easy.. Happy Cooking 🙂
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1 tsp Ginger mince
- 1 Tej patta (Bay leaf)
- 1 litre Vegetable stock
- 1 Potato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Masoor Dal (Red/Pink Lentil)
- 1/2 cup Moong chilka (Green gram split)
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal (Green Gram Split)
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 5 – 6 Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Fresh Dhaniya (Coriander leaves)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Dhaniya powder (Coriander powder)
- 1 tsp Jeera powder (Cumin powder)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- In a heavy base pan add oil, once the oil is hot add the jeera seeds and let it crackle then add bay leaf and minced ginger.
- Saute till the raw smell of ginger goes then add the vegetable stock and chopped potatoes and let the stock boil.
- After one boil wash and add the lentils, chopped carrot, brussel sprouts with a slit in between(if big in size then cut in two) and let the stock further boil.
- Occasionally stir the soup, after 10 minutes add the jeera powder, dhaniya powder, garam masala, red chilli powder mix it well and cook further till lentils and vegetables are cooked completely.
- Then using the back of the mixing spoon try to break and mash the veggies and lentils to make it thick and mushy soup. Once done remove from flame and let it cool down.
- Then using a hand blender blend the soup a little bit, remember not make mash everything we need some veggies to taste.. Try to puree the lentils. This process will help to make a thick soup and blend all lentils well together and increase flavors.
- Once done put the pan back on medium flame and add water if desired, usually this lentil is little thick to even go with Roti or Poori.
- Add the lemon juice mix and check for salt. Add fresh coriander and cook further for 5 minutes.
- Your healthy and yummy lentil soup is ready – serve hot with rice / roti or poori.
Food Kalaakar - It's All About Food View All
Cooking is my Passion
Looks delicious.. Soo full off proteins.. 😉👍👍
Thanks a lot 😊
So nice and healthy 🙂
Thank you 😊
Another healthy bowl!
Warm bowl of comfort
Thanks Ritu 😊
So divine a soulful meal Sweety Anjali
Thanks dear 😘