Cheesy Chicken Cigar’s
This recipe is a very interesting compilation as this recipe could be a show stopper recipe for your party or event. The best part is the ingredients can be played around with to suit your needs. For instance, we can leave out the green chillies for kids and if catering for adults who like it extra spicy we can add more spices.
For a gluten free option instead of using plain flour you can add cornflour in the mixture too, but make sure to use the gluten free cornflour.
Just in case if you do not have chicken mince at home, use chicken breast instead. Cut it in cubes and then put it in the food processor along with other ingredients to mince the meat.
Working with mince can get a bit tricky at times, as the mixture would be sticky, so we use the plastic sheets to keep it easy and spreading the chicken evenly.
Then wrapping the chicken around the cheese properly, the other essential step is to put the chicken cigar’s in the refrigerator.
This recipe can even be tried with lamb or beef mince, just the cooking time will differ (**Disclaimer: I haven’t tried it, but will surely look at it as an option). The other option can be you can deep fry the cigar’s instead of shallow fry, I truly believe that these are personal preferences.
Cheesy Chicken Cigars
- 500 gms Chicken mince
- 3 tbsp plain Flour
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 Green chillies (Optional)
- 1 tsp dried mint(Or fresh)
- 1 tbsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- Big pinch fresh Coriander
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 12/15 Cheese sticks (See Notes)
- Cornflour for coating
- Oil for shallow frying
- Food processor (See Notes)
- Plastic sheets or baking paper
- Pan to shallow fry
- In the food processor blitz the mince along with all dried spices, flour, oil , ginger garlic paste and fresh coriander and mix it well till everything combines.
- On your working bench, place a plastic sheet or baking paper and place one spoon of the chicken mixture on it (don’t worry about the shape yet). Top the mince mixture with another sheet of plastic or baking paper.
- Now gently using your finger press down the mixture to make a smooth thin sheet of chicken (Picture reference above). Make sure it’s not very thin and spread it out in all directions evenly.
- Once the sheet is ready (shape is not an issue), remove the top sheet and place a cheese stick. Start folding the chicken around the stick (picture reference above). Make sure cheese is completely covered with chicken and cut off extra chicken sheet to avoid getting too thick a roll.
- In a plate take cornflour and place the chicken roll in it and roll through. Pick the cigar in your palm and press gently making sure all cigar is completely sealed (picture reference above) and shake off any excess flour.
- This is an essential to get best results, make sure you keep the cigars in the refrigerator for at-least an hour.
- Now in a pan take some oil for shallow frying, approx 1/4 pan and start cooking the cigar’s gently turning sides till golden brown on all sides (remove chicken cigars from fridge in batches as the rest can stay cold). Remove them on a absorbing paper and your chicken cigar’s are ready.
- Serve it along with your favourite sauce.
- I have used kids cheese sticks (Stringers) and cut them in half, but instead of cheese sticks, you can use normal cheese blocks and cut them in strip of desired sizes.
- If you do not have a food processor then put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hand to mash and mix everything well.
Food Kalaakar - It's All About Food View All
Cooking is my Passion
One thought on “Cheesy Chicken Cigar’s” Leave a comment ›