Year 2020 has come in our lives with a big bang, no matter where you are around the world and reading this it’s the same situation for everyone. We all are fighting against Corona virus – COVID19 to be more precise.
During this difficult time we all can contribute by doing the right things. If you are not from an essential force then stay at home, wash hands, maintain social distance and have a positive attitude. We all need to remember that social distancing is a physical process not emotional, so don’t distance yourself emotionally. If in need reach out to your loved ones, talk about it and spread love. We all are in it together.
Now there is a flip side to this issue, staying home means entertaining the kids.. Ha Ha are you with me on this? It can get daunting at times to keep the little ones entertained, especially when you are working from home. So I thought the best thing to do is, lets get cooking. If you have followed my YouTube channel you would know that my daughters inspire to be YouTubers, I am still not sure if that would work ‘BUT’ I am supporting their dreams, as you never know!! So this time my elder daughter decided to make her video and she exactly knew what she wanted to make, her all time favourite LCM bars. It was a challenge for me to customise the recipe as I had to work around the ingredients available at home, and Voila this recipe which we tried was a hit at the first go. Very simple, easy and utterly delicious. They turned out to be crispy, full of flavour and better than store bought ones (My daughter’s verdict).
For this recipe we have used two flavours of rice puffs, you can use one or more according to your liking. Instead of marshmallows we have used mini ones but feel free to use big ones, make sure the quantity remains the same. If you do not prefer honey in your recipe then instead of honey increase the quantity of marshmallows to 250 grams and butter to 150 grams, they would give you the same result. If your child has a sweet tooth and likes it more colourful then you can stir in some 100 & 1000’s and garnish the top with different shapes of sprinkles which would give the bars an awesome look.
Try making it with your little ones and if you do, please share the photo’s with us.
Stay safe, keep cooking and have fun.
- 2 1/2 cup Chocolate Rice Puff (we used choco pops)
- 2 1/2 cup Rice Puff (we used rice bubbles)
- 100 gms Marshmallows
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup mini M & M’s ( more for garnish)
- 125 gms unsalted butter (chopped)
- Prepare a square shaped cake tin by lining it with a baking paper and keep aside.
- In a big mixing bowl take both variety of rice puffs.
- Put the marshmallows and chopped butter in a micro safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Gently stir the mixture and microwave it for another 30 seconds. Add honey and microwave it for 30 seconds again. The marshmallows should have melted by now.
- Add the marshmallow and honey mix to the rice puffs and add mini M & M’s and vanilla essence, then mix everything together.
- Be gentle when mixing and try no to crush the rice puffs. Once mixed well, transfer the mixture to the lined square shaped cake tin.
- Spread the mixture evenly and press down firmly, sprinkle more M & M’s on top and press them on the evenly spread mixture.
- Put the tin in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or leave it overnight, for the mixture to set firmly.
- Once the mixture has set well, use a sharp knife to cut it in shapes of your choice. You may cut square shape as we did or long bars, but make sure you cut the bars in the tin itself while it’s cold or it would crumble.
- Remove the cut pieces and store them in air tight container.
- You can store them for a week in your fridge.
Cooking is my Passion