Do you like tuna?? If no then you are just like me. In fact I can’t eat any fish which actually is very fishy in taste, I hope you understand what I mean.. Lol.. I cannot eat unflavored tuna or just from the tin. I have tried various forms of tuna, but nothing worked for me, I always taste the fish in it. But this version where I have used flavored tuna and added other ingredients overpower the tuna taste and make it edible for me. My kids loved this fritters. Do try this everyday meal idea – simple and easy. Yet delicious!!
- 2 can Tuna – 95 gm each (I used oil based and flavored ones – Mild crunchy and Spicy Chili)
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ½ tsp dried mint
- Salt to taste
- Paprika (if you want, I did not add as I used the spicy flavor tuna)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh Coriander
- In a mixing bowl put in all the ingredients and mix well, make sure do not squeeze the mixture too much.
- Apply oil to your palms and make small round balls of the mixture and then flatten them between the palms.
- Keep a pan on medium flame and once the pan is hot start putting the fritters and drizzle some olive oil and cook, ones they are brown and cooked from one side flip them over and cook in similar manner on other side. This process might take approx 4 to 5 minutes for each batch.
- Serving suggestions – Mint chutney, tomato sauce, tartar sauce or seafood sauce. With side dish of Couscous, salad or dinner rolls.
- You can replace rice flour with plain flour, rice flour gives it a crispy texture but plain flour would also be good enough.
- Do not flip the fritters to many times or they may break.
- Adding olive oil makes the mixture smooth, as you would notice that too many dry ingredients make the mixture very hard.
Cooking is my Passion