Always trying to cook something that’s simple and delicious.. It’s very hard to make something that your fussy toddlers like eating.. So I try cooking something that’s good at presentation and can be imaginative and attractive for kids.. Like this Stand and Stuff Tortilla were known as the boat on the dinner table… I am happy to call it anything till the time my fussy eaters eat them… People refrain from buying these tortillas as choosing what to fill in is a harder question, so try this simple still delicious filling… Bon Appetite!!
Stand and Stuff Tortillas
For the filling:
- 1 pack Stuff and Stand tortillas
- 1/2 Kg mince (Chicken/Beef/Pork) I used chicken for my recipe
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 1/2 green capsicum diced
- 3 – 4 button mushrooms diced
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Paprika depending on how spicy you prefer.
- 1 medium size cucumber diced
- 1/2 lettuce head chopped
- Grated cheese of your choice
- In a pan add olive oil, once the oil is hot add diced onions to it and sauté till they become translucent.
- Then add diced tomato, mix well and keep it on medium flame till the tomatoes ooze out their juice. Then add the tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Add both red and green capsicum and mushroom mix well and cover for 2 minutes.
- Add Mince to the mixture and mix well. Make sure to break all the lumps in the mince or else you would be tasting chucks of unflavored meat.
- Add the mixed herbs, salt, paprika, Chinese five spice mix well and keep on medium flame uncovered till the minced is cooked.
- Once the mince is cooked here comes the best part.. Tasting… to make sure your dish suits your taste buds. Add fresh parsley for garnish.
- Cook the tortilla as per the packet instructions.
- Fill the warm tortillas with the mince, add lettuce and cucumber and last top it up cheese.
- It’s very important to cover the pan and cook before adding mince so that the vegetables cook in their own steam and ooze out juices. But it’s even more important to cook the mince uncovered so that it dries all the juices or else you would have a runny filling which might make the tortillas soggy.
- You can even add brown/white rice to the filling and even black beans added to it would make it like an open burrito.
Cooking is my Passion