It’s almost been a year since I have last posted. The schedule has been so busy that it hardly gives me time to do anything else. Last year I was juggling between my studies and work and this year its full-time work. My girls always top my priority chart and they make sure to keep me occupied all the time, be it with their extra curriculum activities or homework.
I have been writing recipes in my book and clicking photo’s all along, but never found time to sit and type them up. To be honest, I need to find the time as I can’t let my passion die so easy, hence decided to start posting back, even if I have to make short posts.
To cope up with this busy schedule, and at the same time to make sure to eat healthy and filling breakfast, this recipe is a life saver, nutritious and satisfying at the same time. Can be made under five to seven minutes.
Looking forward to connecting back with all the lovely people and learn more..
Please drop in your hellos. Happy Cooking!
Smashed Avocado Toast
- 2 Bread Slices (I used whole grain)
- 1/2 Avocado
- 50 gms Feta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Paprika (as required)
- Using back of the fork mash the avocado.
- Once the avocado is a bit mashed add the feta cheese and mash is more, making sure its lump free.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan and once it’s hot add some oil to it.
- Break an egg (sunny side up), season it with salt and pepper and then turn it over.
- Make sure not to overcook the egg, it still needs to be gooey inside. Keep aside once done.
- Toast the bread and apply the avocado mixture on it.
- Cut the egg in 1/2 and put it over the avocado mixture then sprinkle some paprika on top.
- Voila!! Done..
- You can use any bread of your choice.
- Make sure not to toast the bread too much or it would become too hard to eat.
- If you do not prefer egg gooey, then go ahead and cook it well.
- For vegetarian options, instead of egg, you could saute some mushrooms and spinach.
- You can use one whole egg on each bread if you wish too.
- You can even season your egg with herbs.
Cooking is my Passion