No Punjabi Dinner is complete without a Raita or Dahi Item.. This is a simple and easy recipe to impress your guests.. So if the recipe is simple and easy then the writing needs to be also simple and easy..
Let’s begin making these Dahi vada which are very soft and melt in your mouth..
- 2 cups Urad Dal
- 1 inch Adrak (Ginger)
- 1 green Chilli
- Salt to taste
- Raisin (As desired)
- Fresh Coriander
- Homemade Jeera powder (Cumin powder)
- Red Chilli powder
- Oil to deep fry
- Soak Urad dal overnight or at least for 6 to 8 hours.
- Grind it along with adrak and green chilli to a smooth paste. It’s optional to grind green chillies in the batter, you can also slice the chillies and add it to the grinded batter.
- Add raisins and little salt to the batter and deep dry the vada. Make sure the oil is very hot and on slow flame.
- Fry the vadas till golden brown in color and remove on paper towel.
- Once all the vadas are fried .. Soak them in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the vadas by pressing them between your palms to make sure all water is drained out and put them in the serving bowl.
- Take enough yogurt that you can soak all vadas. whisk it well adding some water.
- Add salt and sugar to the yogurt and whisk well.
- Then pour the yogurt over the vadas. The sprinkle red chilli powder, homemade jeera powder and dhaniya and serve.
Food Kalaakar - It's All About Food View All
Cooking is my Passion
Great cultural dish!
Delicious Anjali ..
Thanks Chitra 😊
Looks delicious and flavorful..
Advance Diwali Wishes Anjali
Sowmia – Sowmia’s Galley
Thanks a lot and wish you also a very happy and prosperous Diwali 😊
Oh soo yummy.. Happy diwali 😊
Happy Diwali 😊
My fav ☺️
I love them too 😊
dahi vada is an all time favorite..!! 🙂 looks so yummy… 🙂
hey can u suggest me some quick baked party appetizers/evening snacks..??
Sure you can check my potato pinwheel which are easy and yummy.. Mushroom pizza, baked veggies in white sauce or if non veg then schnitzels, tandoori chicken. If u need any recipe help let me know 😊
thank you dear for your reply.. i did visit your site to check some recipees.. i will try out mushroom pizza.. 🙂 and in non veg i don’t know to cook beyond egg curry. ..:)
Wow thats so pretty!
Thank you 😘😘
I’ m sure it is as delicious and mouth watering as it looks mmm
Thanks.. Yes it was delicious
Your blog is fantastic! Love that you share recipes I’ve never ever heard of, I have some cooking to do 🙂
Thank you so much.. I am really honoured 😊
Love Dahi vada! Your platter looks so yummy!
Lovely recipe 🙂
Thank you 😊