Spaghetti Bolognese Full of Goodness – Especially for Fussy Kids
Have fussy or picky eaters at home for whom veggies is a big No No.. Then who should try every way to sneak in veggies and let them not know.
This recipe is a classic hit among kids, they just love spaghetti and bolognese and if you can manage to load it with veggies it’s a win win situation…
I have taken the traditional approach to make it but just with little additions to make it fun and healthy..
You can use any mince of your choice lamb / beef or chicken, I have used lamb as chicken normally gets a little dry. And feel free to add veggies of your choice, normally my kids are not fussy about veggies in fact they love their broccoli, snow peas, squash and potatoes so I just added carrot and celery if you like you can add zucchini, broccoli or beet root in it.
Put the mince along with veggies in the chopper, it is very important to put the mince also as it get rids of all the lumps and make it easy to cook later, you will notice it’s less lumpy and easy to mix so a very important step.
Lamb and Beef usually takes around 25 to 30 minutes to cook. Make sure your mince is cooked properly before adding the tomatoes to it.
If you are using fresh tomatoes instead of canned once, add more tomato paste to get the color and the tangy taste.
Cook the spaghetti just when you want to serve, because if it’s cooked in advance and kept it usually gets dry and stick to each other. It tastes best when served hot and fresh.
Me and my kids thoroughly enjoyed this healthy and fully loaded dish with goodness, hope you and your kids love it too..
Feel free to leave your comments. Keep cooking and thanks for stopping by… 🙂
- 1 Packet Spaghetti
- ½ kg Lamb / Beef / Chicken Mince
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic Ginger paste
- 2 Small Carrots
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 tbsp Mixed herb
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 can Tomato crushed / 2 large tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- Fresh Parsley
- In a chopper add mince, celery and carrots and chop them.
- Keep a pan on medium flame add oil, once the oil is hot add the onions, salt and ginger garlic paste to it.
- Saute till onions are translucent and the raw smell of ginger garlic goes, once done add the mince and veggies mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix everything well and keep breaking down the mince lumps.
- Once the mince is cooked and brown which will take around 20 -25 mins, then add crushes tomatoes, tomato paste and sauce, mixed herbs, black pepper, nutmeg and Chinese 5 spice mix well and let it cook till oil starts separating.
- Keep mixing at regular intervals to make sure nothing sticks or burns, add water as desired then do the tasting and cover and cook for further 10 minutes. Add fresh parsley.
- Cook the Spaghetti according to the packet instructions, drain the water and serve with Bolognese sauce.
Food Kalaakar - It's All About Food View All
Cooking is my Passion
It looks soooooo good. I’ve never had lamb with my spaghetti before. Def bookmarking this post. 🙂
Thank you so much 🙂
let me know how you go.. 🙂
Nice recipe as always!!
Thanks a lot!!
We are vegetarian so often make something very similar but with a can of refried beans instead of the meat – its delicious!
O great.. Glad you like it.. Thank you for stopping by 🙂
Omg!!!! Soooooo damn delicious!!
Thank you 😊
Thank you 😊
Great post! your dish is very delicious. I like spaghetti so much. your post is useful. I will try making it. thanks so much.
Thank you for your kind words and if you do try let me know how you go., thanks for stopping by 😊