Cheese corn balls are quick and delicious snacks which can be made under 30-40 minutes. These can be served at kid’s parties (without green chillies), as a snack with tea or as an appetiser/starter at any occasion. The beauty of this recipe is that you can add or remove ingredients as per your liking or dietary requirements. These cheese balls are very crunchy from outside and gooey, soft and cheesy from inside. The corn gives a delicious texture to them.
Very simple to make and mostly requires ingredients present in our pantry.
Do try these and hope you enjoy making and eating them as much as we did.
Happy Cooking and stay safe!!
For a video recipe please find see below.
Cheese Corn Balls
- 3 Potatoes, Boiled, Peeled and Mashed
- 1/2 cup Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp mixed herb
- 1/2 cup Corn, boiled/canned
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- Cheese Cubes
- Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl add mashed potatoes, grated cheese, breadcrumbs, chillies if using, salt & pepper, coriander powder, garam masala, mixed herb and corn.
- Mix everything well and make it like a dough and keep mixing till its all combined.
- Apply some oil on your palm and take 1 tbsp of the mixture and form a lemon size ball, flatten it like a disc and then add a small cheese cube and close the ball again.
- Roll the ball till it’s smooth and round, then keep it aside. Repeat the process for the remaining mixture.
- In another bowl take plain flour add water to it and make a thick paste, make sure no lumps are formed in the paste.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in another plate/bowl.
- Now Dip the ball into the flour paste and make sure it’s coated well then roll it in the breadcrumbs and leave it aside.
- Repeat the process for all balls and keep them in a greased plate.
- You can either fry them or for better result cover the balls and put them in the freezer for 15-20 mins.
- If you want to store these balls for some other day, then you can store them in airtight container and freeze them.
- For deep frying the balls, in a wok take sufficient oil and heat it.
- Test check by putting little mixture in the oil, if the mixture immediately starts floating that means the oil is ready to fry.
- Fry the balls in batches till golden brown in colour and remove them on the towelling paper to drain the access oil.
- Serve with chutney, sauce, mayo or your choice of condiments.
Other snack recipes you might like:
Cooking is my Passion